Huitt-Zollars’, Downtown Houston, TX office has a dynamic Architect Education Project Manager opportunity for a Texas registered architect to manage multiple education projects including colleges and universities. This role will manage a team of professionals and education projects through all phases including business development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, design and production, and construction observation while maintaining strong client relationships. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of professional experience in education institution architecture and desire to lead in a challenging and client-focused environment.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Perform business development and participate in marketing endeavors to help win work with financially sound clients.
- Actively participate in meetings with the principal in charge and initial site visits.
- Prepare, negotiate and execute contracts with clients.
- Ensure quality of project deliverables and engage in construction administration.
- Prepare fee proposals with scope of work, compensation, applicable terms and conditions and schedules for approval.
- Prepare project work plan and project quality plans for approval.
- Prepare subcontracts for review and approval by principal in charge.
- Conduct project kick-off meeting and assign project team members budgets and schedules and oversee daily project work.
- Assist in building and supervising a team of education architects and designers.
- Review work products including reports, drawings and specifications, and ensure completion of quality reviews prior to submissions to the client.
- Deliver quality services to the client according to a well-crafted project work plan.
- Ensure each project complies with company quality standards and specifications.
- Efficiently close out projects by collecting all outstanding A/R, archiving project data, and preparing a final project report.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program
- Professional architectural license, Registered Texas Architect
- Minimum 10 years of education architectural experience (public sector experience a plus)
- Demonstrated building construction technical experience
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, other 3D Modeling and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lead and coordinate consultant teams
- Ability to interact with owners and user groups
- Excellent organizational, verbal communication and leadership skills
- A great team player attitude and approach, ready and excited to share knowledge and help junior staff grow
- Technical capabilities with code knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Positive attitude and driven to succeed
- LEED Accredited is a plus
HZ offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: HDT125
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.